Saturday, May 14, 2011

Think about this...


Man's mind, once stretched by a new idea, never regains its original dimensions.
~Oliver Wendell Holmes

Here's some some thought provoking ideas and life enhancing logic explorations I've been playing with today:
  1. What differentiates people in life and largely determines the results and outcomes they achieve is their actions and behaviours
  2. Actions are predominantly created and generated by attitudes, beliefs, and decisions
  3. Attitudes, beliefs and decisions are in turn engendered through thoughts, ideas and intuitions
  4. Thoughts and ideas are guided and triggered by knowledge, learning and experience
It's kind of obvious when laid out like that... what differentiates the quality of your life over the long term is the quality of the knowledge, learning and experience that you build into your life. It really all comes down (and up) to knowledge, learning and experience.


Your thoughts guide your decisions and behaviors, but you can only think with the tools you have available in your mind. The more ideas, experience and wisdom you have in your toolbox, the greater the chance you'll think intelligent thoughts, have intelligent and life enhancing attitudes and beliefs, and correspondingly the greater the chance you'll do intelligent and life enhancing actions and behaviors. Hmmmm, simple really!

So here's the logical conclusion... If you want an intelligent and enhanced life, you need to fill it with intelligent learning, experience, knowledge and awareness. The more of that you do, the better you'll differentiate your life.

So that's my thought for today... What can you do to make a difference to your life? What books are you going to read this week? What online articles will you google and read? What learnings are you going to put into your life this week? Ongoing? How specifically are you going to learn and experience more in your life? What are you going to do to enhance your life today?

You learn something every day if you pay attention.
~Ray LeBlond

life enhancing thoughts,
Grant

ps in my next blog post, I'll share with you a cool life enhancing device that I've been using to do more reading and learning with!

4 comments:

  1. Excellent post, Grant! I know this is true, and you have expressed it so logically and succinctly that I'm sure it will leave it's mark on your readers. People who dwell on worthwhile thoughts will accomplish worthwhile things!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Jean, thanks! I love your expression of this: "People who dwell on worthwhile thoughts will accomplish worthwhile things!" So true! It's a powerful and life enhancing insight.

    smiles, Grant

    ReplyDelete
  3. Grant for where I am today, I am going to do nothing...have no goals...just sit quiet...and allow into my experience what is meant to find it's way in! I'm practicing effective procrastination (topic coming up in next post). Sometimes, when I wind myself up, I need to stop and do nothing so I can let my actions be guided by life-enhancing thoughts.

    Jean, my worthwhile thoughts for today are to pull back, not rush forward. When I leave space in my head, it opens up a world of exciting possibilities.

    Thanks, Grant. I enjoy your public thinking!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Sue,

    Sitting quietly and reflecting is a quality thing to do. Intelligent experiencing and learning requires both action and quiet spaces and pauses for insight and rejuvenation. So I totally support you in your effective procrastination. AS the quote says "You learn something every day if you pay attention".

    smiles, Grant

    ReplyDelete

Share your thoughts and comments...